Feed into the cut and back – motor-powered
Arm height adjustment – motor-powered
Control panel – on a mobile bridge
Log handling – manual
The bigger and stronger version of the popular CTR 550 allows for processing of logs up to 75 cm in diameter. It also uses a bimetallic metal-cutting saw bands, but it is one size bigger. While the size of the bimetallic saw band in CTR 550 is 27 x 0.9 mm, the size of the band in CTR 750 is 34 x 1.1 mm, which, combined with a powerful 5.5 kW engine, can deal with logs of large diameters.
Compared to CTR 750 E with mechanical feed into cut and back this model is equipped with a motor-powered saw band arm height setting in order to achieve the highest possible productivity. Automatic feed into the desired cut thickness occurs after you set it up on a colour touchscreen.
Saw band arm height adjustment is facilitated by a chain gear powered by a worm-gear fitted, frequency converter-controlled electric motor. You can simply set up the desired cut thickness along with optional setting of a required material kerf coefficient on the touchscreen. Frequency converter-controlled arm movement with a slow-down at the end positions ensures accurate feed into required values.
The feed into the cut and back is driven by an electric motor with a worm gearbox controlled by a frequency converter. You can change the speed of travel simply by turning the potentiometer on the control panel. End positions are secured against impact by means of automatic deceleration and stopping. This greatly increases operator’s comfort, prevents human factor related errors during manual settings and increases the overall productivity.
The control panel is placed on a mobile bridge of the saw band arm. Thanks to that the operator has closer access to the workpiece when cutting.
The touchscreen with a PLC control unit allows selection and displays following functions:
- display the current position of the saw band from the bottom, default position.
- set up the desired cut thickness
- set up the saw band kerf
- automatic feed into desired position
- if you input the cut thickness and kerf the display shows number of work-pieces that can be cut off from the material
- during horizontal movement, i.e. cutting and backward motion, the display shows the current speed in m/min.
Use of a bimetallic saw band which is normally used in metal band saws brings following advantages:
- very simple operation
- single saw band cuts all types of wood without tooth adjustment (sharpening, tooth setting)
- elimination of tedious, technically challenging sharpening and setting of teeth
- you can immediately start cutting wood in professional quality without any necessary experience
- bimetallic saw band easily cuts metal materials in the log such as nails, shrapnel or bullets…
- professional three-side hardmetal saw band guidance in guiding heads and robust support of all rotary parts ensure high cutting accuracy and long service life of the saw band
- maximum accuracy, like in professional machines
- no need to purchase tooth sharpener and tooth setting machine
- easy accessibility and low cost of bimetallic saw bands
A powerful 5.5 kW engine ensures full power both during fully professional cutting and when cutting high-quality round timber or when cutting very hard materials. Instead of bimetallic metal-cutting band sized 34 x 1.1 mm you can use
a special bimetallic wood-cutting band sized 35 x 0.9 mm which (same as the bimetallic metal-cutting band) does not require sharpening and setting of teeth. You can also fit your machine with standard saw-cutting bands (35 x 0.9 mm) identical to those used in higher professional models CTR 710, 800, 950 and 1000. Larger teeth in these saw bands allow for increase of productivity when cutting large diameter logs. However, in the above mentioned saw bands it is necessary to sharpen and set the teeth regularly.
The arm is fitted with large aluminium running wheels with accurate balancing against vibrations. The wheel has a groove along its circumference. The groove holds a replaceable rubber-textile belt that creates an optimum contact area between the wheel and the saw band.
A sturdily mounted running wheel is powered through a wedge belt by a professional electrical motor specially balanced against vibrations. The tensioning wheel system moves within a solid cast iron guiding, which ensures long-term service life and setting accuracy even in long-term machine operation.
CTR series present the latest trends in construction of log saw bands with a special emphasis on maximum accuracy and long-term service life of the machine while ensuring minimum costs. The machines are designed in an original modular execution which allows easy replacement or adjustment of all main technical sections and their individual parts. This in the long-term perspective reduces the maintenance costs and service times and therefore production stoppages as well.
|Max. log diameter||750 mm|
|Max. opening betwen blade guides||640 mm|
|Max. elevation of blade||660 mm|
|Min. log height||25 mm|
|Max. depth of cut||255 mm|
|Max. log length (standard model)||3,45 m|
|Length track section||2,25 m|
|Min. log length||0,75 m|
|Saw blade motor||5,5 kW|
|Horizontal/vertical feed motor||0,18/0,37 kW|
|Max. feed speed (forw/back)||15 m/min.|
|Sawblade||4140 x 34 x 1,1 mm|
|Weight (standard model)||460 kg|
|Weight (track section)||96 kg|
Minimální hodnota hlavního jističe – 16 Amper